Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sorry I missed a week!

33 weeks 2 days

I know, I know I've been a slacker for my thousands of die-hard blog fans. I guess motivation for after-work 2 hour naps has replaced my motivation to blog. But life's all about balance so here we go once again...


Your Baby: Month 8

Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your (extremely) stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! Growth (at least inside your womb) is starting to slow, and you may notice baby descend into your pelvis at the end of this month.


How far along?
33rd week
Total weight gain/loss: 0lb the last 2 weeks, +29lb total. +1 then -1, SAAAAWEEEEET.
Stretch marks? If I'm going to get stretch marks anywhere, it's going to be my calves and ankles...aka cankles. Now that would be a sight. I scare Troy away every evening when I take off my work boots and socks. It's so bad that I've graduated from my socks, onto his socks, sometimes even having to slit the tight part at the top (so for his birthday please buy him new socks because he doesn't know yet!). Sad, sad, sad. Someone needs to capitalize on maternity socks.
Sleep: I hate that Troy's away for 10 days, but I am loving the bed all to myself. Judging I woke up almost sideways on the bed with the comforter in a ball in my arms, we should have gone for the king size bed.
Best moment this week: Found an in-home daycare for only $1400/mo, that's run by sweet loving people, includes meals, and is good for 10 hours a day - SCORE!!! One major thing to cross off the list.
Movement: The rolling is insane now! I think I scared the girl doing my pedicure today. I don't think there's much room in there anymore though. Although my bellybutton is still in, so there's an inch for you babe. But after an outie, I'm demanding eviction before the stretch mark party poopers arrive.
Gender: I have watched the 3d ultrasound video 293 times now and I still can't tell if baby looks more like a chico or chica. I'm not favoring either way anymore, I just want to know because that means I'm done!
Labor Signs: The labor of facing the pregnancy cliches. I hate to say they're all true- the infamous waddle-walk, hard to sit down or get up, swollen everything, belly runs into everything, can't see my feet, bladder the size of a quarter, and socks are impossible to get on, let alone the tying of the shoelaces. Oh and the most obvious - complaining.
Food Cravings: 2 gallons of milk in 7 days, and Troy's not here.
What I miss: Let me see if you can guess...It's Saturday night. I just hung up the phone with Troy who's in New Orleans for the weekend and I can hear the city streets that I used to dance up and down on. Mean while I'm on the couch watching re-runs of America's Next Top Model since nothing else is on tv and I don't have the energy to get up off of the couch to put in The Ugly Truth that has been sitting in its Netflix envelope for 2 weeks. Enough said on what I miss right now.
What I am looking forward to: Troy getting home to fulfill demands. Like the popsicles I am craving at the moment but are not in our freezer.
Weekly Wisdom: Boston parking meters do not care that you put in enough quarters for 60 minutes, but you showed up after 68. First official parking ticket ever - well besides the Clarkson ones that were like your grandma trying to discipline you. I'm pissed I didn't see them in person since the pregnant belly seems to always win.
Milestones: Last doctor's appointment baby was 145bpm and the belly was 33cm at 32 weeks. Doc said that if they belly measures over 38cm at the 36 week appt, then we'll do another ultrasound to see if we need to talk "options". I'd like to take the option right now to ensure that this child doesn't see 9lb inside of this girl.
Baby Brain Moment of the Week: Thinking that I could squeeze into a parking space with barely enough room to open my drivers side door. Of course I tried to get out and I'm lucky I didnt wedge myself in. That would have been a proud moment.
Weekly Belly Pic: Grey shirt/pj's cause thats all that's comfy is 32 weeks and purple shirt is 33.



No comments:

Post a Comment