Sunday, November 15, 2009

4 Months Down, 5 To Go

16 weeks 3 days
Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you're interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender.




How far along? 16th week
Total weight gain/loss: +2lb...oops, 8lb total. BUT my last weigh in was 13 days ago. Here come the excuses already...
Stretch marks? Nope.
Sleep: That little sleep contraption called the Snoogle is on it's way!
Best moment this week: Of course feeling Batman in there. But also, we decided to plan a little "babymoon" when we drive up to Boston for the big move. We're going to make a stop in NC at the Biltmore Estate for 2 nights! We have that book 1,000 Places To See Before You Die, and that one's listed as a great place to visit during December with the place decked out in Christmas gear. I can't wait to see this place as I've heard it's pretty amazing.
Movement: Feeling the fishies swim in my belly! The movement has been far and few between, but it's fun to stop whatever I'm doing and pay attention. (But I'm sure I looked a little funny in Sears while trying out mattresses when I didn't get up for a solid 5 min).
Gender: I'm still thinking girl- the weight is def getting distributed evenly all over.
Labor Signs: The labor of moving. Packing starts today since Troy is out of town this week and mom & family come into town Friday- woo hoo!!!
Food Cravings: Fruit anything. Orange juice, V8 Fusion juice, bananas, apples, fruity desserts. I even chose a lemonade over my annual favorite Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte...unheard of.
What I miss: Sushi. Well, and sake too.
What I am looking forward to: A SPECTACULAR week with Mom, Leo, Grandma, Lulu, Joe, Danielle, Matt, & Olivia!!! We're going down to Fort Morgan for a Thanksgiving beach week starting Friday.
Weekly Wisdom: Be cautious with this super-human sense of smell. Stay at least 10 ft away from things like Troy's gym bag, garbage cans, and old men who smoke a pack a day. Work has become horrible since the re-heated dinners these guys bring every day no longer stays in just the breakroom. I can smell leftover meatloaf or Japanese dishes ALL day. Thank God I only have 4 more days there!!!
Milestones: I felt like my normal self, and enjoyed an evening out with friends at a bar....with an O'Douls...and we left at 10. Oh well, close enough!
Baby Brain Moment of the Week: Swore it was spelled "kieche" and couldn't remember what country Rome was in. Troy just shook his head at me.
Weekly Belly Pic: 4 months and getting bigger! Sorry for the corny self-pic, but Troy was out again, and patience to wait for him or anything else is not a common virtue these days.

2 comments: